Spending time together is so important for families, with children particularly appreciating those special times when they have their parents’ undivided attention.
There are lots of things that families can do together for free, either setting aside time at home to be together, or going out and about, with perhaps just transport costs involved. A few ideas are listed below:
- Museums (many now have free entry)
- Walks in park or the countryside
- Family games
- Family film nights (try adding in home made popcorn!)
- Family craft sessions (card making etc!)
- My favourite meal is (a meal cooked for the family by one family member!)
- Board and card games
There are a number of websites that provide details of free events, and signpost to events in specific areas. (For example Dofreestuff.com and Visitwoods.org.uk).