Mothers’ Union branches provide great opportunities for members to encourage each other, praying for family, friends, parish and local community.
- As a group, share with each other the ways that you are reflecting the mission of Mothers’ Union, playing a part in creating a world where God’s love is shown through loving, respectful and flourishing relationships. (For example, praying for families and friends, giving out Mothers’ Union resources to people you know, praying for the local church and community, etc).
- Encourage one another, valuing and expressing appreciation and thanks for each other’s contribution.
- Pray for each other, for families you know, for the work of Mothers’ Union that you and those you know are involved with.
- Look at the outline programmes for Inspired events, and consider whether you’d like to organise a session for either just your branch or perhaps consider joining up with several other branches.
- Explore the Inspired ideas sheets, examples of things members are doing around the UK & Ireland. Prayerfully consider whether similar initiatives may be appropriate for individuals within the branch, or the whole branch, to get involved with. The collection of Inspired ideas includes things that anyone could do, whatever their circumstances.
- Share with the central team any Inspired ideas you are involved with, so that we can add your initiative to the collection. Please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your branch is keen to get involved with Inspired, but you’re not quite sure about the best way of doing this, do please get in touch with either your diocesan Action & Outreach Coordinator, or contact the staff team at Mary Sumner House at email@example.com
“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10